Lumpy Gravy/Mother People interlude
Michael Brenna
2013-09-24 05:38:29 UTC
Everybody knows the orchestral part ending Mother People, from Lumpy Gravy Part One, index title 12, I Don’t Know If I Can Go Through This Again.

According to http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/misc/Lumpy_Gravy.html it is a cue from The World's Greatest Sinner, appearing towards the very end of the soundtrack (http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/songs/World's_Greatest_Sinner_OS.html).

I have listened carefully to the the last couple of minutes of WGS, but I am unable to recognize it. The Oh No intro is all over the place, but the Mother People cue seems to be well hidden.

Can somebody alert my ears?

Thanks,
Michael
Román García
2013-09-24 23:59:01 UTC
Post by Michael Brenna
Everybody knows the orchestral part ending Mother People, from Lumpy Gravy Part One, index title 12, I Don’t Know If I Can Go Through This Again.
According to http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/misc/Lumpy_Gravy.html it is a cue from The World's Greatest Sinner, appearing towards the very end of the soundtrack (http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/songs/World's_Greatest_Sinner_OS.html).
I have listened carefully to the the last couple of minutes of WGS, but I am unable to recognize it. The Oh No intro is all over the place, but the Mother People cue seems to be well hidden.
Can somebody alert my ears?
I think the music on LG Part I, 13:09-13:46, has its origins in the music on TWGS, at approximately 74:40 (if you include one minute of the single before the beginning of the movie, which I think most circulating versions do).

One of the hints for me is at 74:45-74:57 approx., which more or less matches 13:35-13:41 on LG I.
Charles Ulrich
2013-09-25 00:06:51 UTC
Post by Michael Brenna
Everybody knows the orchestral part ending Mother People, from Lumpy Gravy
Part One, index title 12, I Don¹t Know If I Can Go Through This Again.
According to http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/misc/Lumpy_Gravy.html it is a cue
from The World's Greatest Sinner, appearing towards the very end of the
soundtrack
(http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/songs/World's_Greatest_Sinner_OS.html).
I have listened carefully to the the last couple of minutes of WGS, but I am
unable to recognize it. The Oh No intro is all over the place, but the
Mother People cue seems to be well hidden.
Can somebody alert my ears?
Listening carefully, there's less similarity than I thought. But I did
identify one shared phrase.

Starting at Gil Baretto, and repeated starting at the conductor's baton:

F A F A C B A

Lumpy Gravy, Part One, starting at 13:35:

F A C B... A

Is that enough to qualify?

--Charles
Michael Brenna
2013-09-25 06:33:16 UTC
Post by Charles Ulrich
F A F A C B A
F A C B... A
Is that enough to qualify?
It verifies the IINK info, without stretching it as far as "a cue from The World's Greates Sinner".

I recall Dweezil referring to the theme by name in a video clip ('Section One' or something). I think it was in one of the numerous interviews he has done about technical stuff, but I am unable to locate it.

Michael
Charles Ulrich
2013-09-25 11:22:48 UTC
Post by Michael Brenna
Post by Charles Ulrich
F A F A C B A
F A C B... A
Is that enough to qualify?
It verifies the IINK info, without stretching it as far as "a cue from The
World's Greates Sinner".
I recall Dweezil referring to the theme by name in a video clip ('Section
One' or something). I think it was in one of the numerous interviews he has
done about technical stuff, but I am unable to locate it.
The World's Greatest Sinner cue that contained what became the weird
middle section of Dog Breath In The Year Of The Plague was called "Blood
Unit". Is that what you're thinking of?

FZ mentioned that title in some interview. I don't remember if Dweezil
did as well.

--Charles
Michael Brenna
2013-09-25 15:04:11 UTC
No, I am still referring to the melodic section from Don't Think I Can Go Through This Again, duplicated in Mother People. I believe DZ talked about it.