OT: Why Are We Still In Iraq?
Stu Mark
2004-09-07 18:26:55 UTC
First off, pardon me for the off-topic post. However, you folks are
definitely some of the brightest people I know and I have a real question.

Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to get
Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other potential leaders?
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for themselves?

I just don't get it.

Stu
(who is getting tired of this already)

NP: Mercenary Territory by Little Feat
Leroy Forrester
2004-09-07 18:35:10 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for
themselves?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Post by Stu Mark
I just don't get it.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Stu
($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
Stu Mark
2004-09-07 19:23:45 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for
themselves?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Post by Stu Mark
I just don't get it.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Stu
($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
Are you suggesting that we are at war with Iraq in order to make money? Who
is benefiting from this war? And what is President Bush's relationship to
them? How can the American people allow such a thing? In other words, why
hasn't the New York Times (or some such publication) come out with an
editorial detailing all of this?

Stu
(who doesn't see it)

NP: Jumpin' Jack Flash by The Rolling Stones
Greg Henry
2004-09-07 19:52:12 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
Post by Stu Mark
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for
themselves?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Post by Stu Mark
I just don't get it.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Stu
($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
Are you suggesting that we are at war with Iraq in order to make money? Who
is benefiting from this war? And what is President Bush's relationship to
them? How can the American people allow such a thing? In other words, why
hasn't the New York Times (or some such publication) come out with an
editorial detailing all of this?
Stu
(who doesn't see it)
NP: Jumpin' Jack Flash by The Rolling Stones
I just saw this great FZ quote at one of those conspiracy websites:

"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to
continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too
expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, pull back
the curtains, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
-- Frank Zappa

Couln't have said it better myself.
NINJA
2004-09-07 22:19:29 UTC
Post by Greg Henry
Post by Stu Mark
Post by Stu Mark
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for
themselves?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Post by Stu Mark
I just don't get it.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Stu
($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
Are you suggesting that we are at war with Iraq in order to make money? Who
is benefiting from this war? And what is President Bush's relationship to
them? How can the American people allow such a thing? In other words, why
hasn't the New York Times (or some such publication) come out with an
editorial detailing all of this?
Stu
(who doesn't see it)
NP: Jumpin' Jack Flash by The Rolling Stones
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to
continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too
expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, pull back
the curtains, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
-- Frank Zappa
Couln't have said it better myself.
WE ALREADY SAW THE BRICK WALL

REAGAN TORE IT DOWN
Alex
Please tell me you're being sarcastic!
Leroy Forrester
2004-09-08 05:58:10 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
Post by Stu Mark
Post by Stu Mark
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
If
Post by Stu Mark
Post by Stu Mark
our goal was to get
Post by Stu Mark
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for
themselves?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Post by Stu Mark
I just don't get it.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Stu
($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
Are you for real?
French Powered
2004-09-08 06:31:04 UTC
. . . because press is in the hands of Republican, like in France !
All the newspapers press (orth?) here is owned by only two group
Are we steel living in Democraties ?

Fran6
Post by Stu Mark
Post by Stu Mark
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for
themselves?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Post by Stu Mark
I just don't get it.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Stu
($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
NINJA
it is a good place to go to war against iran from !
Stu Mark
2004-09-07 19:26:32 UTC
Post by NINJA
Post by Stu Mark
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to get
Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other potential leaders?
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for themselves?
it is a good place to go to war against iran from !
This begs the question: Why are we *not* at war with Iran? What is the
difference between the two countries? What is Iran doing right that Iraq is
doing wrong?

Stu
(who still doesn't get it)

NP: Jumpin' Jack Flash by The Rolling Stones
Aad

Dave Wilcher
2004-09-07 19:55:37 UTC
On 9/7/04 11:36 AM, in article
Post by NINJA
Post by Stu Mark
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to
get Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other
potential leaders? Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens
fight it out for themselves?
it is a good place to go to war against iran from !
This begs the question: Why are we *not* at war with Iran? What is
the difference between the two countries? What is Iran doing right
that Iraq is doing wrong?
I hate to recommend that you buy Pat Buchanan's new book - I
think he's a racist. But I think he has it mostly right about the
neo-cons, and their plan (that they've been cooking up in a lab
in Virginia) to force Democracy onto the Middle-East.
Iraq was just step one. If Bush is re-selected, we'll be at war
with Iran, then Syria - North Korea? American imperialism is
the goal of these folks, and they aren't really shy about it.
Dig around and do some Googling on the American Enterprise
Institute.
Maybe you can find Pat's book at the library instead of sending
him your money.

dave
"Don't vote for Nader. I know him. He's an asshole." - Bob Weir
JYOB
2004-09-07 20:21:41 UTC
From: Stu Mark
This begs the question: Why are we *not* at war with Iran?
Wait until after Bush's re-election. Iran has been the target all along.
They're the REAL menace! We (the USA) have them surrounded on both sides (Iraq
& Afghanstan). Just a matter of time.

Remember: War means work for all!!!

The old geezer

NP: Aren't You Glad - Beach Boys
NINJA
I SAID THIS A LONG TIME AGO
French Powered
2004-09-08 06:24:25 UTC
...and the next will be France !!!!
lol
Fran6
NP: Aren't You Glad - Beach Boys
Alex
2004-09-07 21:00:42 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
Post by NINJA
Post by Stu Mark
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to get
Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other potential leaders?
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for themselves?
it is a good place to go to war against iran from !
This begs the question: Why are we *not* at war with Iran? What is the
difference between the two countries? What is Iran doing right that Iraq is
doing wrong?
Stu
(who still doesn't get it)
NP: Jumpin' Jack Flash by The Rolling Stones
Perhaps you aren't being sarcastic. Read 9/11 by Chomsky. Hell, read
just about anything by Chomsky. There's loads of articles available
online. Watch Farenheit 9/11.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noam_Chomsky#Chomsky_and_the_Middle_East
http://www.zmag.org/chomskyarticles.htm
http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/index.cfm
http://pilger.carlton.com/
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/
http://www.cryptome.org/
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0140067485/002-3490922-7876845?v=glance
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/
http://news.independent.co.uk/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/
http://www.michaelmoore.com/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/default.stm
NINJA
ID RATHER CUT MY BALLS OFF
Leroy Forrester
2004-09-08 06:02:41 UTC
Post by Alex
Did you flip-flop again Ninja? Or just flip.
Stu Mark
2004-09-07 23:50:05 UTC
Post by Alex
Watch Farenheit 9/11.
I have. What I don't understand is why people didn't walk out of that movie
and go right to their congressperson and demand we get out of Iraq. Why is
this not turning into Vietnam?

Stu
(who hopes everyone is cool with this offtopic thread)

NP: In The Land Of Gray And Pink by Caravan
NINJA
2004-09-08 07:34:19 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
Post by Alex
Watch Farenheit 9/11.
I have. What I don't understand is why people didn't walk out of that movie
and go right to their congressperson and demand we get out of Iraq. Why is
this not turning into Vietnam?
Stu
(who hopes everyone is cool with this offtopic thread)
NP: In The Land Of Gray And Pink by Caravan
BECAUSE IN VIETMAN A 100 A DAY WERE BEING KILLED

AND THE WISER PEOPLE LEARNED YOU CAN NOT WIN A WAR BY

LOSING !
Alex
Because you don't have the draft....yet.
Jim
2004-09-07 21:57:10 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
Post by NINJA
Post by Stu Mark
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to get
Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other potential leaders?
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for themselves?
it is a good place to go to war against iran from !
This begs the question: Why are we *not* at war with Iran? What is the
difference between the two countries? What is Iran doing right that Iraq is
doing wrong?
Stu
(who still doesn't get it)
NP: Jumpin' Jack Flash by The Rolling Stones
Toppling Saddam (right or wrong) and then leaving the country to immeadiate
civil war would be worse than what we are doing now (right or wrong).
Though that will eventually happen.
Peter Harrington
2004-09-08 01:21:15 UTC
We will be at war with Iran, immediately after the election if Bush wins.
The Republicans thought it might not be a good idea to stage another
invasion during an election year.

Remember for awhile we were going to invade Syria, because Iraq had hidden
all the missing WMD there.

We can't mess with North Korea, because they would probably kick our asses.
We will be more diplomatic with countries that we can't bully.

Pete
Peter Harrington
2004-09-08 15:18:33 UTC
I forgot to mention to add a little topical oinkment. One of the authors
of the re-instatement of military induction is Fritz (maybe I could make a
good rock star) Hollings.

Pete
Alex
Perhaps Sudan.
Leroy Forrester
Lay off the valium for a couple days and read something besides affz.
David Wills
2004-09-08 07:39:10 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
This begs the question: Why are we *not* at war with Iran?
umm, Iran is at least 3X larger than Iraq so like we would need at
least 3X more troops (my guess 100X would be more accurate) so like
that would mean the selective service would be calling YOU and
Reinstatement of the Draft would be swift and imidiate.

umm, yea you think some kids nowadays are ANGRY? Reinstatement of
the Draft would like you know upset a few people.
NINJA
2004-09-08 11:39:50 UTC
could you imagine the michael moore koolaid crowd in control of this
land

may as well turn the capitol building into a mosque and put a towel on
the head of the statue of liberty

to even think for 1 second that people that are murdering and raping
babies

from russia to africa are just going to go away if you are nice to
them is to put it mildly insanity
Jerry Outlaw
I thought this was a Frank Zappa group. Put the war questions on the war group.
Leroy Forrester
2004-09-10 10:46:30 UTC
Post by NINJA
could you imagine the michael moore koolaid crowd in control of this
land
may as well turn the capitol building into a mosque and put a towel on
the head of the statue of liberty
to even think for 1 second that people that are murdering and raping
babies
from russia to africa are just going to go away if you are nice to
them is to put it mildly insanity
THIS IS NINJA SIGNING OFF
LATER
NINJA
2004-09-08 11:35:03 UTC
Post by David Wills
Post by Stu Mark
This begs the question: Why are we *not* at war with Iran?
umm, Iran is at least 3X larger than Iraq so like we would need at
least 3X more troops (my guess 100X would be more accurate) so like
that would mean the selective service would be calling YOU and
Reinstatement of the Draft would be swift and imidiate.
umm, yea you think some kids nowadays are ANGRY? Reinstatement of
the Draft would like you know upset a few people.
BOO HOO HOO !

THE DRAFT'S COMING FOR YOU !

COULD ALWAYS MOVE TO CANADA

INSTEAD OF FIGHTING FOR YOUR COUNTRY !
David Wills
2004-09-15 20:54:05 UTC
This begs the question: how is going to war with Iraq fighting for our country?
NINJA
if you have to ask your not smart enough to understand !
David Wills
2004-09-17 08:27:46 UTC
Post by NINJA
Post by David Wills
Post by NINJA
BOO HOO HOO !
THE DRAFT'S COMING FOR YOU !
COULD ALWAYS MOVE TO CANADA
INSTEAD OF FIGHTING FOR YOUR COUNTRY !
This begs the question: how is going to war with Iraq fighting for our country?
if you have to ask your not smart enough to understand !
I understand your voteing for Bush, not smart...........

Alex
Don't think so honey, uh huh, uh huh. They'd be like - whatEVer.
Bongofury2
2004-09-11 04:50:40 UTC
North Korea Kick our Ass? Pleez. That
is beyond common sense. You all are right. Take the war talk to another
group.
Leave it to war mongers who know what they are talking about. lets keep this
group on subjects like "did zappa where boxers or breifs?"
NINJA
he crushed all boxers
Charles Ulrich
2004-09-11 15:19:26 UTC
Post by Bongofury2
North Korea Kick our Ass? Pleez. That
is beyond common sense. You all are right. Take the war talk to another
group.
Leave it to war mongers who know what they are talking about. lets keep this
group on subjects like "did zappa where boxers or breifs?"
No.

Cherry Ripe, "At Last The Truth Can Be Told: Frank Zappa Has No
Underwear", New Musical Express, 4/17/76.

--Charles
Bill
Bingo.
Bongofury2
2004-09-08 06:45:35 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
definitely some of the brightest people I know and I have a real question.
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to get
Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other potential leaders?
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for themselves?
-- good question, here is my 2 cents....
If we leave Iraq, the Islamic fundamentalist(?) will take over, because they
will kill anyone that gets in their way.
the Iraqi people are lambs, and back down at any hint of violence. thus, If we
left Iraq It would become another Iran. besides, we told them before the war,
we would not leave. If you recall, after the gulf war, We
backed a uprising against Sadum, and then backed out. thousands of prople were

then killed. There is no way we are going to leave now, until the job is done.
Its a no win situation. I dont agree with with all of Bush's Iraq desisions,
but there is no way we can leave.
Fogbank
2004-09-15 01:10:26 UTC
Post by NINJA
Post by Stu Mark
First off, pardon me for the off-topic post. However, you folks are
definitely some of the brightest people I know and I have a real question.
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to get
Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other potential leaders?
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for themselves?
I just don't get it.
Stu
(who is getting tired of this already)
NP: Mercenary Territory by Little Feat
it is a good place to go to war against iran from !
so true. and syria as well. and to protect their oil and look after
kuwait. and keep an eye on isreal. and to keep france out
NINJA
2004-09-15 11:19:30 UTC
Post by Fogbank
Post by NINJA
Post by Stu Mark
First off, pardon me for the off-topic post. However, you folks are
definitely some of the brightest people I know and I have a real question.
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to get
Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other potential leaders?
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for themselves?
I just don't get it.
Stu
(who is getting tired of this already)
NP: Mercenary Territory by Little Feat
it is a good place to go to war against iran from !
so true. and syria as well. and to protect their oil and look after
kuwait. and keep an eye on isreal. and to keep france out
THE WHOLE MIDDLE EAST THING AMUSES THE HELL OUT OF ME

FIRST A COUPLA MUSLIM COUNTRIES ATTACK ISREAL UNPROVOKED

THEN WHEN THEY GET THERE ASSES KICKED AND THEIR LAND LOST

(SPOILIES OF WAR)

BY A DEFENDING FORCE THEY CRY FOUL AND WANT THEIR LAND BACK

THEN WHEN THE WINNING SIDE SAYS NO WAY WE NEED IT TO BUFFER OURSELVES

FROM THE AGRESSORS

THE LOSERS CRY FOUL

OOPS

MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE ATTACKING ISREAL ?
Steve Brooks
2004-09-07 19:31:11 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
First off, pardon me for the off-topic post. However, you folks are
definitely some of the brightest people I know and I have a real question.
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to
get Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other
potential leaders? Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight
it out for themselves?
I just don't get it.
Possibly it was about more than just getting rid of Saddam - more even than
the $$$$ Leroy so rightly mentioned.

Time to put on 'Dumb All Over' and crank it up real loud.

What about that West bank, hey?
SB (Who thinks Frank could be terribly perceptive on occasions.) ;-)
Jon Lee
2004-09-08 01:40:33 UTC
So they don't fall into Civil War for one

There's a lot more to our presence there than CNN and Fox discuss

(and alot the government cant discuss)

Not to mention the more dead extremists the better

JL
Dave Wilcher
2004-09-07 23:37:09 UTC
Post by Jon Lee
So they don't fall into Civil War for one
There's a lot more to our presence there than CNN and Fox discuss
(and alot the government cant discuss)
And what is that? I assume YOU can discuss it since you brought it up.

dave
"Don't vote for Nader. I know him. He's an asshole." - Bob Weir
Alex
2004-09-10 22:01:21 UTC
Post by Jon Lee
So they don't fall into Civil War for one
Why would they fall into a civil war?
Post by Jon Lee
There's a lot more to our presence there than CNN and Fox discuss
(and alot the government cant discuss)
LOL!
Oh yes, i'm sure there's not many more of those left. Any day now, right?
David Wills
2004-09-08 00:13:04 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
First off, pardon me for the off-topic post. However, you folks are
definitely some of the brightest people I know and I have a real question.
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to get
Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other potential leaders?
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for themselves?
yea I say fuck em all and if they want to have a civil war let be.
the problem is IRAN is licking it's chops and would take over that
shit hole if the the USA pulls out now. Bush's war has killed at least
19,000 Iraq people, compare that to the 3,000 that were killed on 911.
go figure...........
Stu Mark
2004-09-08 00:46:35 UTC
On 9/7/04 5:13 PM, in article
Post by David Wills
Post by Stu Mark
First off, pardon me for the off-topic post. However, you folks are
definitely some of the brightest people I know and I have a real question.
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to get
Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other potential leaders?
Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for themselves?
yea I say fuck em all and if they want to have a civil war let be.
the problem is IRAN is licking it's chops and would take over that
shit hole if the the USA pulls out now. Bush's war has killed at least
19,000 Iraq people, compare that to the 3,000 that were killed on 911.
go figure...........
And over 1,000 troops have been killed. Somebody tell me what we're hoping
to achieve.

Stu
(who thinks that maybe he should do something about all this)

NP: Down The Road by Little Feat
Leroy Forrester
Shoot Bush. You could probably plead insanity.
Peter Harrington
2004-09-08 01:37:56 UTC
The Republican main plank to their platform is welfare for the rich. Being
a millionaire is no longer enough. In this case companies like Halliburton
and Bechtel are making a fortune with their no bid government contracts.
The oil companies have had a 300% increase in profits during the last year.
It is a shell game to transfer yor tax dollars away from schools, highways,
and hospitals to the Republican corporate buddies.

Of course, had we not invaded Iraq, would the world have been any less safe.
We were making good progress with the national debt, until the fiscally
responsible Republicans took over once again. Reagan's real legacy was the
trillion dollar debt that he left for us and our grandchildren.

The reason we can't leave Iraq now without establishing some secular
government is that if some Ayotollah Assahola gets in; he can make even more
trouble for the Bush allies, the House of Saud.

Meanwhile, the Democrats have a Bill in both houses to re-instate the Draft
and this time they are planning to Draft women. The draft age is 18-26.
How come this bill has not been a topic for presidential debate? Both
parties support it.

Pete
Jerry Outlaw
2004-09-09 13:56:06 UTC
Why don't you post this question on a group that is for war related
questions?? I thought this was a Frank Zappa group. How about music
instead of war on this group???
Alex
2004-09-10 22:03:26 UTC
Post by Jerry Outlaw
Why don't you post this question on a group that is for war related
questions?? I thought this was a Frank Zappa group. How about music
instead of war on this group???
So why are you reading the thread? Suppose you wanted to have a
discussion about anything non-zappa related with people who liked zappa?
Zappa would be off-topic in a war group. Who made you the moderator of
this group?
NINJA
2004-09-11 13:19:37 UTC
Post by Alex
Post by Jerry Outlaw
Why don't you post this question on a group that is for war related
questions?? I thought this was a Frank Zappa group. How about music
instead of war on this group???
So why are you reading the thread? Suppose you wanted to have a
discussion about anything non-zappa related with people who liked zappa?
Zappa would be off-topic in a war group. Who made you the moderator of
this group?
zappa would not be off topic in a war group

zappa was intelligent and knew either take the war to the enemy

or

have the enemy take the war to you
Harry_as_a_Boy
2004-09-17 05:15:05 UTC
Post by Stu Mark
First off, pardon me for the off-topic post. However, you folks are
definitely some of the brightest people I know and I have a real question.
Why are we (the U.S.A.) still fighting in Iraq? If our goal was to
get Saddam, what else is there? What do we care about other potential
leaders? Why don't we leave and let the Iraq citizens fight it out for
themselves?
Um, because we are dumb all over, and maybe even a little ugly on the side?
Post by Stu Mark
I just don't get it.
Stu
(who is getting tired of this already)
NP: Mercenary Territory by Little Feat
Here's another for you, Stu: A Apolitical Blues by Little Feat. :-)

Harry